Our website address is: https://headshop.uk
Collecting Personal Information
When you browse / device information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: The version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what products you view, search terms you use, and how you interact with the site.
- Purpose of collection: To load the site accurately for you so that it displays and functions correctly, and to perform analytics on site usage to optimize our site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Some data may be shared with our payment processor.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (excluding credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: This information allows us to provide you with products and services and fulfil our contract with you. This includes processing your payment information, arranging shipping and to provide you with communication such as order confirmations and invoicing. We also use this information to screen orders for potential fraud and other risks. Depending on your preferences we may provide information or advertising relating to our products and services.
- Source of collection: Collected from the data you enter on our site.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: Relevant parts of this information will be shared with our payment processor and courier services.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: Your name, e-mail address and query.
- Purpose of collection: To provide you with the best customer support possible.
- Source of collection: Collected from the data you enter on our site.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: For support purposes only. If for example you experience issues with delivery, we will use and therefore ‘share’ this information with the courier in order to get the information needed to answer your query.
Comments & Media
If you leave comments or reviews on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form along with your IP address. If you attach media to your comment or review, please avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. It is not our responsibility to check for this data and if uploaded may be downloaded and extracted by other visitors to the site.
Minors / those under the age of 18
This site is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 and therefore we do not intentionally collect the Personal Information of minors. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has submitted Personal Information to this site please contact us and we will happily delete it.
Sharing Personal Information
Other than outlined above we will only share your Personal Information if compelled to comply with applicable laws and regulations. This includes but is not limited to responding to a subpoena or search warrant or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we may use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertising or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our site with a view to improving the customer experience.
For information on how Google uses your Personal Information click here.
To opt out of Google Analytics click here.
To better understand targeted advertising click here.
Using Personal Information
We require your Personal Information in order to provide our services to you, which includes offering products for sale, processing your payment and the shipping and fulfilment of your order. In addition to this we may use your Personal Information to keep you up to date on new products, offers and services.
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), we process your Personal Information under the following lawful bases:
- With your consent.
- To perform the contract between you and the site.
- In compliance with our legal obligations.
- To protect your vital interests.
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest.
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through our site and create an account we shall retain your Personal Information for our records unless you ask us to delete it. For more information on your right of erasure, please see ‘Your Rights’ below. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username).
Automated Decision Making
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to the processing of your data based solely on automated decision-making (including profiling) when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you. We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our payment processor uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you. The services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary denial of access from IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. Typically for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denial of credit cards associated with denied IP addresses. This may persist for a number of days.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you. This may be so that you can port it to a new service or to have it corrected, updated or erased. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us.
A cookie is a small information file that is downloaded to your device when you visit our site. We may use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising and content cookies. Cookies enhance your browsing experience by better allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences. This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or navigate to a different page within it. Cookies also provide information on how people use the site, for example whether you are a first time visitor or a frequent one.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
You can control and manage your cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may not function correctly for you. Most browsers automatically accept cookies but you can choose not to via your browser controls, often found under “Tools” or “Preferences”. For more information on cookies please click here.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Our right to update